Need Immediate Assistance?
CALL OR TEXT US TODAY (937) 323-6439
On-Site Crematory in Springfield, Ohio
The loss of a loved one is never easy. We understand how important it is to honor the legacy of someone that has passed while providing a way to remember them. In recent years, cremation has become the most common method for doing so.
Littleton & Rue has provided cremation services in the Springfield area for nearly 40 years. Our on-site crematory in Springfield, Ohio ensures that your loved one is handled with the utmost respect and quality care.
Why Choose Our Crematory in Springfield, Ohio?
Providing our families with the peace-of-mind they are entitled to during the cremation process is of paramount concern to us. As a result, we have developed the most rigorous set of operating policies and procedures to maximize our level of service and minimize the potential for human error.
We require licensed professionals to oversee the operation of our cremation facility. Our staff members have all completed the Cremation Operations Certification Program through CANA (Cremation Association of North America), as well as the NFDA (National Funeral Directors Association).
We monitor and record all activities in our Springfield crematory 24-hours per day using a closed-circuit video DVR system. Though none of these safeguards are required by law, we believe our families deserve as much peace of mind as possible. Our crematory is open for inspection during normal business hours, and we allow family members to be in attendance during the cremation process.
Steps Prior to Cremation
- Our stainless steel "Identification Medallion" is placed on your loved one at the time we come to your home, hospital, or other care facility. This medallion will stay with them throughout the process and will be placed in the urn upon completion. It has a unique number on it which will be recorded on all paperwork and forms.
- Your loved one is logged onto our crematory tracking slip with date of death, attendant’s name, and ID number. Any personal items are recorded as well.
The Cremation Process
- Your loved one is removed from our refrigeration facility and the crematory tracking slip is updated with the date and time of cremation and crematory operator’s name.
- After the cremation, the crematory operator removes all the cremated remains from the crematory chamber. The cremated remains are then cooled and processed, with each step being recorded onto the tracking slip.
- The cremated remains along with the ID medallion are placed into the permanent or temporary urn selected by the family. The urn is affixed with an identification label. The urn is then held in our secure facility for pick-up by the family or delivered to its final place of interment.
- The family, cemetery representative or whomever has been entrusted to take receipt of the cremated remains signs the two-part cremation certificate. The top of the certificate is given to the family or cemetery and the bottom is retained as a record of pick-up.
- All information on the crematory tracking slip is logged into our computer system. The tracking slip, cremation certificate, tear sheet and all original paperwork is kept as a permanent record.