When Death Occurs
If you have pricing questions or if a death has occurred in your family, the first thing to do is notify Littleton and Rue Funeral Home and Crematory by calling (937) 323-6439. We are here to assist 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
We will answer all of your questions, make all of the tasks to be done as simple as possible, and eliminate the anxiety you may feel about not knowing what will happen next and what needs to be done.
The following are some questions that we may ask when you call after a death has occurred:
- What is the full name of the deceased?
- What is the location of the deceased (Hospital, Nursing Facility or Residence)?
- What is your name, address and telephone number?
- What is the name, address and phone number of the next-of-kin?
- Is there a pre-arranged funeral plan? (If yes, what is the plan name or number?)
Our professional staff will then come to bring your loved one into our care. We do not send for-hire mortuary services companies like many other service providers do.
When you feel ready and rested, we will set an appointment time for you to come to the funeral home to complete the details of the funeral arrangement. We will ask you to bring in some items and information that will be necessary to complete the arrangement. These items may include:
- Clothing for the deceased
- Social security number of the deceased
- The deceased's birth date and city and state of birth
- The deceased's parents’ names, including mother's maiden name
- Information about the deceased's education
- Marital status of the deceased
- Veteran's discharge papers or Claim Number
- A recent photograph of the deceased
- Pre-arrangement paperwork (if applicable)
- Cemetery lot information (if applicable)
During our meeting together, we will discuss the details of services desired, answer your questions and gather information. We will also have a packet of helpful information to help your family plan for details which may require your attention in the weeks and months after the funeral.